How to I get iOS 15 beta 2? iOS 15, the new version of Apple’s operating system for iPhone and iPad, will be available in fall 2021.
Want to try out new iOS 15 features before everyone else? You will then need to attach Apple’s beta software program.
iOS 15 beta: caveat
Before rushing to the beta version of iOS15, we need to let you know about a “slight” downside: it can damage or even render unusable your iPhone or iPad.
For Apple, a beta version is used to identify possible bugs or problems with its operating system. So there is no guarantee that it will not damage your device. In other words, when using a beta version, it is at your own risk.
If you still want to use iOS 15 beta, then we recommend that you back up the data on your iPhone or iPad first.
How do I get iOS 15 beta?
Formerly limited to developers, the public can now download beta versions of iOS. Note that these are not finished products, so they do not provide the best user experience.
If you still want to test iOS 15 beta, you can either sign up for the Apple Developer Program or the Public Beta Software Program.
Apple Developer Program
The Apple Developer Program costs $ 99 per year and is aimed at professionals who want to develop apps or programs for iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
- Go to the Apple Developer Program page (English only) and use your Apple account to sign up.
- Now sign in to the iOS Dev Center using the same Apple ID.
- Register your iPhone or iPad using its UDID (it appears in iTunes when you click the device icon → Summary tab → serial number).
- Download the appropriate beta for your device.
- Unzip the downloaded file and plug your device into your Mac. Open iTunes.
- Hold the Alt key and click Restore iPhone (in the Summary tab). Select the .IPSW folder. The beta version will take a few minutes to install.
Public beta software program
The iOS 15 public beta version is expected to be released sometime in June 2018. Below we outline the steps to take when it becomes available.
- Go to Apple’s public beta page and sign up using your Apple account.
- Register for the Public Beta Program (English only).
- Click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile from your iPhone or iPad.
- Download and install the configuration profile.
- The beta version is now available in Settings → General → Update.