Apple will release iOS 14 Public Beta 2 at the beginning of July. The official launch date of iOS 14 Beta is June 22. When the time comes, you can test the iOS 14 Public beta by following the steps below.
iOS 14 Public Beta 2 Supported Devices
- iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max (September 2020)
- SE (April 2020)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – Released in September 2019
- 11 Pro – Released in September 2019
- 11 – Released in September 2019
- XR – Released in October 2018
- XS Max – Released in September 2018
- XS – Released in September 2018
- X – Released in November 2017
- 8 Plus – Released in September 2017
- 8 – Released in September 2017
- 7 Plus – Released in September 2016
- 7 – Released in September 2016
- SE – Released in March 2016
- 6s Plus – Released in September 2015
- 6s – Released in September 2015
- iPod Touch (7th Generation) – Released in May 2019
▪️ iPod touch 7
Before installing a new OS, it is important to backup the iPhone. This is necessary in case something goes wrong during the installation, or you decide to roll back to iOS 13 (judging by the first experience with beta for developers, many will want to).
On the device itself
- Go to Settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> Backup.
- Turn on the toggle switch iCloud Backup and wait for the end.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer through the wire and open iTunes.
- Go to the top of the program in the section with your iPhone.
- In the Automatically create copies subsection, select This computer.
- Click Create backup now and wait for the backup to finish.
That’s all, we are prepared for the worst. Now you can update.
How to install iOS 14 Public beta 2
It’s time to install iOS 14 Public beta 2 on the iPhone. Chased.
- We go to the beta site of Apple.
- Click Register and enter data from your Apple ID.
- Follow this link and download the profile.
- Reboot the device, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
That’s all. It remains to wait for the download and installation to finish.
What to test first
This beta version has more than 54 innovations. The main one is the dark theme of the interface.
From the smaller: the Latitude application, dynamic removable wallpapers, an updated photo editor, new portrait mode features and much more.