The iPhone 11 Pro is a great smartphone with an advanced triple camera and a beautiful display. However, the cheaper iPhone 11 will be more popular, because it has almost all of the same features as the iPhone 11 Pro. What is the difference between smartphones? In this we will understand below.
What trade-offs did Apple have to make to lower the cost of the iPhone 11? Maybe you should spend money and buy the iPhone 11 Pro right away? All this in more detail later in the article.
- iPhone 11 – 6.1-inch True Tone Liquid Retina HD LCD, 1792 x 828 (326 ppi), Haptic Touch
- iPhone 11 Pro – 5.8-inch True Tone OLED display, 2436 x 1125 (458 ppi), 82.9% screen-to-body ratio, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Haptic Touch, Retina Display XDR
The display of the iPhone 11 is larger than the display of the iPhone 11 Pro, but this is its only advantage. For all other characteristics, the iPhone 11 Pro Retina Display XDR is better. It has a higher resolution, brightness, contrast, wider color gamut and there is support for HDR10.
The display of the iPhone 11 does not compare with the display of the iPhone 11 Pro. Yes, he has an excellent LCD panel, but she can not compete with the OLED panel.
- iPhone 11 – 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm, 194 g, IP68
- iPhone 11 Pro – 144 x 71.4 x 8.1 mm, 188 g, IP68
Both smartphones are protected against splashes, water and dust by IP68 certification and are covered with the most durable glass among all smartphones. However, in terms of design, they are very different from each other. The iPhone 11 has aluminum frames, and the iPhone 11 Pro has steel frames. Thanks to this, the second one looks more expensive.
The iPhone 11 Pro also has a matte beautiful finish, thanks to which it is also more pleasant to hold in your hand.
Despite the same IP68 certification, the iPhone 11 Pro has an advantage in this. It can be immersed for 30 minutes to a depth of 4 meters, and the iPhone 11 – only up to 2 meters.
The iPhone 11 still has one design advantage – it is available in as many as 6 colors. The iPhone 11 Pro is available in just four colors, but the new dark green version should appeal to many.
- iPhone 11 – A13 Bionic, 7 nm + EUV, 3rd generation Neural engine
- iPhone 11 Pro – A13 Bionic, 7 nm + EUV, 3rd generation Neural engine
In this regard, smartphones are on the same level. Yes, the iPhone 11 has some trade-offs, but none of them are processor related. Both smartphones run on the latest and most powerful A13 Bionic processor.
- iPhone 11 – 64/128/256 GB
- iPhone 11 Pro – 64/256/512 GB
The base memory of both smartphones is 64 GB. For the iPhone 11, that’s enough, but for the iPhone 11 Pro it’s not. The maximum memory of the iPhone 11 Pro reaches 512 GB, but you will have to pay a lot for it.
The maximum memory of the iPhone 11 reaches 256 GB, but it is most profitable to buy an option with 128 GB of memory.
- iPhone 11 – Dual 12MP camera (f / 1.8 and f / 2.4), optical image stabilization of the main lens, 100% Focus Pixels for the main lens, improved Smart HDR technology, Portrait mode and brighter True Tone flash
- iPhone 11 Pro – Triple 12 MP camera (f / 1.8, f / 2.0, f / 2.4), optical image stabilization on the main and telephoto lenses, improved Smart HDR technology, portrait mode, brighter True Tone flash
Here, the iPhone 11 Pro again overtook the iPhone 11, but the difference will not be significant for many users. The iPhone 11 has a dual camera and the iPhone 11 Pro has a triple camera. Both smartphones have primary and ultra wide-angle lenses, and the iPhone 11 Pro also has a telephoto lens with double optical zoom.
Despite this, the cameras on both smartphones are on the same level. They have improved Smart HDR technology, brighter True Tone flash, auto night mode, etc.
- iPhone 11 – 12 megapixel TrueDepth Camera, f / 2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, portrait mode, Smart HDR
- iPhone 11 Pro – 12 MP TrueDepth Camera, f / 2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, portrait mode, Smart HDR
The front-facing cameras of smartphones have been improved. This is a 12MP TrueDepth camera that now supports slow motion and 4K shooting at 60 frames / s.
- iPhone 11 – 1.2 GB / s LTE, VoLTE, two SIM cards, Wi-Fi 6 and MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with read mode, Ultra-Wideband chip
- iPhone 11 Pro – SIM / eSIM, 1.6 GB / s Gigabit LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, VoLTE, NFC with Read Mode, Ultra Wideband Chip
Last year’s iPhone XR didn’t have a Gigabit LTE modem, and that was a big minus. Apple fixed this by adding a modem to both the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro. The second smartphone is faster in terms of mobile Internet, but the speed of the iPhone 11 is also up to par.
In all other respects, smartphones are on the same level, they even have a new Ultra Wideband wireless chip.
- iPhone 11 – Face ID
- iPhone 11 Pro – Face ID
The Face ID system on smartphones has been improved. Now it works faster and supports more angles.
Battery and Charging
- iPhone 11 Pro – Runs 4 hours longer than iPhone XS, 18 W USB-C power adapter
- iPhone 11 – Runs an hour longer than iPhone XR, 5 Watt power adapter
The new iPhone 11 Pro can run 4 hours longer than the iPhone XS. The iPhone 11 lasts an hour longer than the iPhone XR, which has worked for a long time.
Most likely, the iPhone 11 will last longer than the iPhone 11 Pro, but this time the difference will be small. Apple claims that the iPhone 11 Pro can play videos for more hours than the iPhone 11, but the second should last longer in everyday use thanks to a more economical display.
But the iPhone 11 Pro comes with an 18 W USB-C power adapter for fast charging (50% in 30 minutes). Included with the iPhone 11 was the old 5 W adapter.
- iPhone 11 Pro – from 699$
- iPhone 11 – from 999$
Here the difference is obvious. iPhone 11 is cheaper due to some tradeoffs in terms of features. Thanks to this, the demand for it will be higher.
The iPhone 11 Pro is better than the iPhone 11 in some ways, but the high cost will play a role.